7th June 2020
Firstly we hope you and your loved ones have been keeping safe and well over the last few months.
As a committee we wanted to make contact with you all to keep you updated with the Club’s plans.
As some of you maybe aware the FA have recently updated their guidance following the relaxation on rulings around sport and Grassroots Football.
The welfare of our members and the wider community impact must be our primary consideration and whilst we all are extremely keen to return to playing we have taken the decision not to sanction a return to football immediately but review the situation at the end of the month.
Any return to training is not as simple as turning up with some cones, balls and bibs currently. It will need careful consideration and time to ensure sessions are safe, fun and engaging. Risk assessments will be required to ensure all sessions are safe and to meet current government guidelines. Various issues need to be looked into this would cover transport, Player/coach ratios, PPE, Toilet provisions and first aid implications should they arise. These are just a few of the things that need to be explored before a safe return to football.
Ensuring distancing rules are applied throughout would require constant management especially with our younger players meeting up with their friends, Some who wouldn’t have seen each other for months. We feel this may change the tone of the sessions and the stricter nature would not fit our regular fun environment.
Taking all of the above into consideration we feel that delivering a safe but fun session may prove challenging at some age levels for the coaches.
We have certainly not ruled out a return just yet we are aiming for early July, However ordinarily our season would have finished and training would be winding down but as a committee we feel a return to football would help bring back some social normality for the members. In waiting a little longer it will also allow us to evaluate the impact of the recent changes nationally and await further guidance from the F.A.which in turn may hopefully open up the restrictions further.
The responsibility of keeping your children, families and our volunteers safe is huge and cannot be compromised. Although some of you may have different views, We hope you will at least understand the reasoning behind our current approach.
With regards to news on when the new season will commence, the reality is that we just don’t know yet however all we know is when it’s safe to do so that as a club we will be ready.
Whilst at this time football has been on hold we have been reviewing internal issues that we don’t normally get the time to look at. One of these issues that many of you will be aware of is the number of games we experience as a club that are postponed due to the pitches being unplayable or water logged. We originally started our plan for works back in February and have been engaging with Essex FA and the Football foundation. This has been to ensure that we deliver a high standard of playing surface throughout our Grounds and is financially viable to us. We are now delighted to let you all know that part of this plan is now due to go ahead. These works will involve the whole field being re-seeded and a new playing surface grown/laid for next season. We will be working with specialist contractors throughout the season and moving forward, With the support of the above organisations we have a plan that within a number of seasons we have pitches of a high standard and as such the reduction in games being called off is reduced and the playing experience for our players is increased.
We really appreciate your continued support. If you have any further questions or comments with regards to this please contact Martyn 07745-483-435 on or Siobhan 07769-226-217
Best wishes and stay safe The N.Y.F.C Committee Team